Are you comfortably numb?

Wednesday, September 15, 2004

Post-awakening thoughts

Oh what a glorious morning, O what a glorious day! (I apologise for the cheesy opening, but you gotta love musicals!)

Isn't it amazing waking up and thinking that you've been saved by God and don't have anything to fear? I think we should do it more often.

You know, it's so easy to take our salvation for granted. Often I think it's because we don't realise how sinful we are. I know I don't. I think one thing that has helped me is when you're praying, to say sorry for specific things. It makes you realise just a fraction how horrifically low your standards are compared to God's. And then you realise how high his standards are, and how amazing his love is because he sent his perfect Son to die for someone whose good deeds are like filthy rags to Him. But even though you realise this in your head sometimes I think we don't really feel like it's true. The command to rejoice always seems quite alien to us sometimes, don't you think? I mean Paul is talking about rejoicing because of what the Lord's done for us, not because of A level results or getting married or buying that new car - although I'm sure we should rejoice for some of those things too! A big challenge, really.

Anyway, I'm feeling a lot better today. Slept till 11 o clock this morning which is good, and feel very much rested. Considering whether to go out or just rest all day again, but I think I should get out of the flat, I'm feeling a bit claustrophobic. Working tonight though... hmm, decisions, decisions.

Right I'm going to go now, no doubt talk to you soon

Rebecca J. King

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home