Are you comfortably numb?

Wednesday, October 20, 2004

I should be doing something far more constructive than this...

...however I feel that I should be a bit more faithful to this blog of mine, I seem to have neglected it a bit recently with my sporadic posting.

Training course was really good this week; for the first time we actually had to do a role play where we pretended to be a woman with a crisis pregnancy and a counsellor (not at the same time, we did it in pairs). We had to practise how to do a pregnancy test and tell the woman about the results and stuff. I got off the hook this time as I had to be the woman coming to the centre: I felt sorry for the lady who had to pretend to be my counsellor!

Last night I went out clubbing with college friends for 2 of their 19ths. I hadn't seen some of them for 2 months! It was a little weird being with them and not being my old (drunken, stupid) self, but good. I did actually have a really good time. And what's more an old friendship that had been ruined was repaired again, which was a relief and an answer to many months' prayer. I mustn't let it get so long before I see them again... God is very good at preserving his sheep even when they are surrounded by temptation... however this time I felt the need to be within the temptation was more important, because my friends were in danger of thinking I was really fickle and a rubbish friend because I hadn't seen them for so long! Anyway thankfully nothing went wrong. A typical "in but not of the world" conundrum.

PMQTs is on... Blair's voice really does get quite wearing. Not to mention what he's saying.

And may I just say an honorary happy birthday to my good mother for yesterday. I won't tell you how old she is cos you won't believe me! :p

Must go now have so much to do today! Am helping with Warden Park (my old secondary school) CU for the first time today. And need to prepare my second talk for Zig Zag. Slightly less scary than last time though - Isaac was born - message - God keeps his promises!

Will post some more interesting stuff soon, I promise... most probably about Philip Yancey's 'What's so Amazing About Grace?' (oooh controversial)

Bec

4 Comments:

  • Funnily enough I'm cool with Yancey. I think it's due to the fact that he's more of a devotional theologian (yes I realise the implications that that carries) What I mean is that he makes no comments on Biblical passages but uses biblical passages to make sense of hs experience... good...

    By Blogger Jon, at 8:04 pm  

  • Well I'm glad to see I have your approval... try telling Tom that ;)

    By Blogger Bec, at 10:53 am  

  • Well, i don't think it's a good thing to do, use our experience to look at the Scriptures. Shouldn't it be the other way around?
    Anyway, i should have read something from him already. My vestibular is really taking a lot of me. And not only it.

    I don't think I've met the drunken, stupid you, have I?
    See ya! =**

    By Blogger Juxt, at 2:32 pm  

  • I think what Jon was saying is that he uses the Scriptures to make sense of his experience. Which is really what we all do in some way or another.

    No you haven't... don't worry you haven't missed out on anything ;)

    By Blogger Bec, at 3:09 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home