Are you comfortably numb?

Monday, December 13, 2004

I went in a limo, I'm cool

Yes... it's true. It was fun. I felt famous. Well, sort of. I went to my friend's birthday and she rented a limo and we all went down to London in it. Nice. But very tiring, I wasn't really up to it. Being a girl is great though - you get so many drinks bought for you! I went up to the bar in the club at one point and some randomer offered to buy me one, I think he thought he was going to get my number or something but I just said 'cheers' and walked off with said drink - nice.

Feeling a bit down tonight for reasons I can't go into. You may question me personally if you so desire. Prayer would be appreciated, mainly for patience, perserverance, and selflessness.

Stuff at the Haven is really getting going.. they now want me to think about putting together a presentation on relationships for local youth groups... they think that cos I'm young I'm the best person to do all this stuff... I don't know. I think I'm totally not ready to do something like that, given my track record, both recently and ever... I mean I know God uses our weakness but surely we have to have proven character on a subject to talk about it? A bit daunting. I can always say no but I don't want to cop out just cos I'm going out of my comfort zone. Anyway I don't have to decide before I come back from Brazil.

Work is rubbish too, my boss is whinging because apparently no one does enough overtime. Screw that, get more staff. I mean, seriously. I'm doing 2 shifts overtime this week and he was whinging to someone else about how people aren't willing to do extra work. Why should we even HAVE to do extra work! It's like he thinks the rest of our lives are blank spaces. But the people and customers are still fun so I can put up with it. :)

On a more positive note, got my accommodation application form from Birmingham today! Well exciting. Gonna be a mission working out what all the finance forms are about though... ahhh!

Well must go. One good thing about the run-up to Christmas is mince pies I must say. Although my idea of boycotting all the church services is not going to be popular I can tell already!

Night night

Tired Bec x

Now playing: Moby - Porcelain, and the sound of the washing machine

1 Comments:

  • Selflessness is not the same as being a doormat.

    By Blogger Cora, at 1:24 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home