Are you comfortably numb?

Friday, September 23, 2005

The eagle has landed

Well hello!

Here I am in Birmingham. The floor of my room is completely visible, there are posters on the wall and the photos are adorning the windowsill and the desk. But, most important of all, the internet is up and running! Woohoo! I no longer have to ever leave my flat ever again... forget getting to know people... I can just talk to other human beings through the power of the interweb...

Well, I guess you all want some serious news. I got here on Wednesday afternoon and headed straight for a riveting Joint Honours Modern History meeting. Since then I have met many a person. Everyone (minus a very small minority) is really friendly, and it's cool just being able to knock on people's doors at random and chat to them.

I have had my moments of hating it, feeling crap and wondering why I'm here, thinking I just want to go back home, but that was only really in the first 24 hours. It seems to be getting easier, although I'm sure there will be times when I get down and homesick. For now though, there is so much going on that it's easy not to feel low.

I'm really looking forward to doing my course: the introductory meetings have whetted my appetite. I am hopefully going to join Redbrick, the Uni newspaper - there's a meeting on Monday afternoon. I saw the last edition of it from the summer and it was really well produced and written - far better than the one they sent all the Freshers in the post the other week! (I may have mentioned it on here.)

It's our Freshers' Ball tonight, and Colin Murray and Spoony from Radio 1 are coming, which sadly I am very excited about. So far I have met one Christian in my halls, at random last night (we were in a Jewish flat and he was having a conversation with a couple of the girls about Judaism and Christianity!), and he says he's met 4 others just in our halls! Navs run hallgroups here so hopefully I'll go to that next week, if I can find out when and where it is. The CU runs on a Wednesday and Thursday as well so all in all I'm feeling really positive about everything!

Anyway, that's enough boring information for you. Please continue praying for me - I need it.

Much love to everyone

xxxx

1 Comments:

  • Thanks for the news.

    Have a good weekend.

    By Blogger Cora, at 1:31 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home