Are you comfortably numb?

Tuesday, October 25, 2005

God

God is amazing. This is only going to be a short post but I just wanted to say that. There have been so many answered prayers over the last month I can't even count them all. It has really shown me that he delights in doing good and delights in revealing himself. It's incredible to think how often we doubt him, considering. One bad day, one mood swing, one doubt and we're thinking how maybe he's not all he's cracked up to be. But actually it's us who are always in the wrong, who are incapable of living a life not dominated by feelings. Looking back on my life, and times when I've really seen God's hand at work, I want to always remember the times when I've known his grace so tangibly - and think of it even when it seems like God might not even exist.

If you're reading this and going through a time of doubting God's goodness and his love for you, I just want to say - don't listen to yourself! Listen to Him, and His word. It is the truth and the light - what our minds tell us that contradicts that is darkness and lies. And if you're going through a time of ticking over and just ambling along in your Christian life - get excited about God! We shouldn't ever get used to what he's done for us. And if you're thinking God doesn't even exist and what I'm saying is naive, misguided rubbish - then I challenge you to really search what you're discarding, and come up with a good reason for why you don't believe it... you might be surprised.

On that note I'm going to bed.

Night night.

xxx

2 Comments:

  • Amen, its incredible to know a God so big and powerful loves us so completely, wonderfully and unfailingly (even though I'm rubbish and still prone to doubting it!)

    By Anonymous pete, at 7:55 pm  

  • That's why keeping a journal or maintaining a blog are really helpful because you can record those times when you have a clear grasp of God's goodness and use them to remind you of this when the waters around you become muddy again. "He who promised is faithful"

    By Blogger Jane, at 5:21 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home