Are you comfortably numb?

Saturday, November 12, 2005

What rocks and what doesn't

Things that rock:

1) Having my laptop back and being able to post again
2) The fact that I'm in Birmingham and it's actually not raining
3) Contemplating watching England vs Argentina later... although will probably change my mind having watched the game
4) Having a wicked night out with mates without anyone getting absolutely ratted and needing to be subdued or carried home...
5) Not feeling tired despite going to bed at gone 3 and waking up way too early
6) Radiohead
7) Having access to a hot shower and knowing that you won't have to pay the water bill
8) Ditto for electricity
9) American Psycho (the book)
10) The fact that the guy who hit Abby has given himself in and will be done on counts of death by dangerous driving, no insurance or MOT or appropriate licence, failure to stop after an accident and failure to report an accident. GET IN!
11) My new trainers


Things that don't:

1) Drunk blokes who think that you walking past them in a club is an excuse to grab hold of you
2) Having my articles edited in Redbrick to make them far worse, grammatically, than they were before. It makes me want to chew my own fingers off (hmm... too much American Psycho, clearly).
3) The general standard of writing in Redbrick.
4) People spelling 'your' and 'you're' the wrong way round (see above)
5) People thinking that they can join two sentences together with a comma. E.g., 'I love cheese, my favourite one is Brie' - NO, PEOPLE! USE EITHER A FULL STOP OR SOME FORM OF COLON (and I'm not talking about intestines)! (also see above)
6) Losing 11 games of pool straight!
7) Knowing that I have to write an essay per week till the end of term otherwise I'm screwed and also knowing that at the moment that is looking very unlikely due to the fact that all the people on my International Relations module have gone to the library and borrowed ALL the books I need until THE END OF TERM and realising that in my rage and disgust at this fact I have not even drawn metaphorical breath and that this sentence is going on forever and now I can't stop it because I'm talking about it and what could possibly bring this to an end
8) Needing, and being able, to have a phone upgrade but not phoning O2 because it's so flipping expensive.
9) DHL
10) DHL
11) DHL
12) Having to now get up and do something useful!

...goodbye.

4 Comments:

  • welcome back. Have you heard about Amazon.co.uk??????

    By Blogger Cora, at 4:17 am  

  • What about it?

    By Blogger Bec, at 4:37 pm  

  • you can buy books on it... no posts for a while...?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:49 pm  

  • hi bec i love your blog so clever ,you a gifted writer,hope you ok x

    By Blogger Anne Sadler, at 12:12 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home