Are you comfortably numb?

Thursday, December 01, 2005

Anyone who says Britain isn't racist needs to wake up and smell the hatred

Taken from this article on the Guardian website:

"He loved coming to church - he was a godly person. He was very serious about that. He had a passion for basketball and a seriousness about the things of God."

Anthony had assumed the role of head of the household, following the separation from his father Steve. "Anthony was my prayer partner, we prayed together. He was in training to be a good man," she added. "So when it came to making decisions in the home, we made them together. We talked about it because he was 18 and I was preparing him to be a good husband and good father, and he would have been. All that is gone now.

"For instance, he would wash up on a Tuesday night. He was one of the few who would commit himself to that chore.

"On Tuesday nights now, nobody can wash up. He would mow the lawn on a Thursday. Now, none of us can mow the lawn. There is this massive absence in the house, this massive long pause. And we think: 'When is this going to end?'

"I go into the kitchen and I make his tea. I'm counting out the potatoes - one, two, three and I'm still putting a potato in for him. I'm still doing it.

"I still put an extra meal aside which no one will touch. No one dares to say who it belongs to because we all know whose it is. We will never get over this.

"Someone has taken a piece of my heart. How do you mend a broken heart? You can't mend a broken heart."

3 Comments:

  • I'm sorry but what? Where's the hatred?

    all you've done is copy from article...

    I'm confused...

    By Blogger mrjohnfernandez, at 10:46 am  

  • You're supposed to link to the article with the link at the top. It's a quote from Anthony Walker's mum. The hatred is in the hearts of the people who killed him!

    By Blogger Bec, at 11:23 am  

  • Anthony's mother's words and emotions express the loss of a deep and close relationship with her son, and reading them made me cry. But her naivety about the human race is puzzling. Children are not born innocent - in Britain or anywhere else. The smell of hatred fouls even the most beautiful places on earth, because something is terribly wrong with mankind. That is what people need to wake up to and admit.

    By Blogger Cora, at 6:52 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home