Are you comfortably numb?

Wednesday, December 28, 2005

The South East is numbing my mind

Haywards Heath seems to just dull all of my senses so I have nothing of interest whatsoever to say, to anyone. Unless I'm sat in a pub with my mates with a pint in my hand. Which isn't actually that often. There is such a blandness about this town. I can't think of anything to say about anything that means anything. And I miss the mental stimulation that having to do work gives me. I know, I know, I could/should do work, but not doing anything leads you to not be bothered to do anything. So bring on going back to uni... 9 days to go!

Went to Brighton today with Becky. Big mistake. Not only thousands and millions of people around but it was freezing cold and we chose to drive for some reason. It's pretty shocking the chav quota in Brighton now. It used to be like the utopian escape from Crawley, somewhere you could go to avoid your senses being assaulted by sovereign rings, gold earrings and teenage mums. But now it seems B'ton is just as much full of chavs as the next place (Burgess Hill). It's teeming with them. Not only this, it appears that it's also been inundated with those INCREDIBLY annoying people who, when it's a really crowded shop or whatever, choose to just stop in front of you and not move, or move at the pace of a snail, when you have no other way of getting past. Argggghhhh! They make me want to chew my fingers off.

And to end, a question: how the heck did Jay Kay and Joel actually end up on Radio 1 again?

4 Comments:

  • Happiness is a path, not a destination.

    By Blogger Paul (probably - maybe Liz), at 10:50 pm  

  • hmmm

    please... please don't chew your fingers off. haven't you ever been to São Paulo's downtown on winter time?

    by the way, weren't you complaining about the dullness experienced in HH? already back to uni, aren't you? w0rk w0rk w0rk, all over it...

    well, i'm getting english classes now... trying to get my proffiency certificate. a dream of some day getting to canada and europe awakens, from the most deep places of my mind. actually, not that deep.

    miss you. get over here and we'll go to a pub, buy ourselves a pint [we don't have 'pints' here, so we'll get ourselves a good 'tulipa' of weiss, ale or dunkel bier] and discuss the ultimate matters of our lives. or just talk nonsense and have fun.

    please notice that I got myself a new blog. you're welcome anytime. don't be surprised about my 'I like depressing lyrics' way of writing.

    see ya. bjxx

    By Blogger Juxt, at 2:22 am  

  • Burgess Hill?? chavs?? never!!

    By Anonymous pedro, at 3:03 pm  

  • I read Plato and I live in Burgess Hill - maybe you need study a bit harder, blog a bit less if you all you can produce is this vacuous nonsense ....

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:07 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home