Are you comfortably numb?

Thursday, January 19, 2006

Quick update on the life of Bec

Hi guys,

Sorry I haven't posted for ages but my life has turned into an insanely busy mass of busyness and insanity. This is for the following reasons:

1) I determined to go to all my lectures and seminars this term
2) I determined to do all the reading - a ridiculous task, for which there are not enough hours in the day
3) Have started my duties as a Redbrick news editor - which takes up so much time - I was in uni from 10 till 8 yesterday!
4) I joined the swimming pool and go nearly every day

But it's really good being busy and I'm really enjoying the course (apart from rubbish History lecturers). And the RB stuff is cool - I'm getting the hang of it. Got the front page again this week by a stroke of luck (involved being interviewed by ITV, but thankfully they didn't use it!!) Will post the article soon. On the down side, very skint on news at the moment so yesterday I had to write about 4 articles about absolutely stupid subjects - such as 2 cambridge students being fined for sending a hamster through the post, and the fact that a survey has shown the Midlands population is suffering from many bladder problems but are too embarrassed to visit the doctor... riveting reading!

Also, this week has been a jolly good one for receiving essays. As some of you know I had 3 politics essays and one history essay due in at the end of term, and I thought they were all rubbish. However, I achieved the following marks:

Foundations of Politics - 72
International Relations - 72
Classical Political Thought - 71
History - 69 (thought I'd got a low 2:2/3rd for that one!)

So all in all I'm pretty darn chuffed, three 1sts ain't bad for my first attempts I feel! I'd just like to thank my parents, my friends, my teachers, my pets, my aunties, my cousins, my uncles, the girl who served me in a shop the other day, etc etc...

Anyway, I've had a lot of stuff on my mind recently as well, so no doubt I will post a big fat ramble/rant (a ramblant?) soonish.

But for now, reading about apartheid calls. By the way Dad, "heid" does not mean skin, but 'ness'... so apartheid means 'apartness' kind of thing. Thought you might be interested to know.

Ta ra all. Take care

xxx

1 Comments:

  • Soooo glad to get some news. Excellent work on the essays. Well done!

    By Blogger Cora, at 11:02 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home