Are you comfortably numb?

Thursday, March 16, 2006

I have an illness

Procrastinititus. Try saying that out loud by the way. It's a fairly sporadic disease but it seems to come over me when I have large amounts of work that I should be doing. Over the last few days the symptoms have been fairly severe: they include being unable to get out of bed, having an overwhelming urge to use the internet instead of writing essays, posting ridiculous amounts on messaging boards, and reading the backlog of other people's blogs. Lesser clues are: looking at my nails for long periods of time, staring out of the window at Pershore Road (interesting...) and "needing" to make myself cups of tea to "help me work".

It really is quite sad. On Monday, essay deadline date, I bet all the important POLSIS people are going to be really sorry to hear about my affliction. In fact, I have no doubt that filling out the mitigation forms with revelations of my disease will help solve it.

But then again, I hear it's a pretty contagious virus - students are coming down with it by the thousands. A particularly vicious variety is dissertatiprocrastinititus.

I hear the only thing that cures it is a large dose of will power...

Speaking of which...

3 Comments:

  • Your disease must be hereditary. This is why I used to end up staying up all night the day before the assignment was due in. Every time. Somehow, after hitting 50 I just can't stay awake all night, so have had to get more disciplined. My last two assignments were relatively pleasant to do at civilised times and one was even ready well before the day. It can be done. But here I am procrastinating...........

    By Blogger Cora, at 11:11 pm  

  • Poor Bec
    You have no chance against this disease - it is endemic on your father's side too. (I did not know of its occurrence in your mother...)
    But here I am, avoiding going shopping...

    By Anonymous David, at 11:29 am  

  • I suffer that illness too!

    By Blogger Tim, at 11:18 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home